Even to find a local business next door, today’s consumers rely largely on the web. When it comes to establishing your small business, online marketing is the backbone of all your efforts towards success. Online promotion is not a second priority for any SMBs planning their marketing strategies. But list is too big if you take out all what you see. So, here it is short roundup of some of the most popular online marketing strategies discussed by experts.
- Update your site – It’s 2016, does your website look that of 2000? Moreover, it is not all about just looks. The web standards and SEO strategies keep on changing so often, so refreshment every once in a while can help your site breathe better.
- Maintain a business blog – Blogging is inevitable for businesses. Maintaining an official blog can boost your SEO efforts and also act as a platform to demonstrate your knowledge and share relevant info with the needy. Make it a win-win situation.
- Optimize your site for local search – If your are providing dental care to the Adelaide patients, then it is not worthy for you to work on ensuring global visibility. Make sure that your business website includes plenty of local information as address, phone numbers, and geo-targeted content so that local consumers can easily locate you. Optimising your business on Google Snack Pack (Map Listing) is another way to gain exposure to your business.
- Make your content mobile friendly – Don’t you see every two out of three staring at mobile screens every minute pass by. People virtually live on their smart phones now. What if your web pages and content look awkward on a cell phone screen? you are screwed!
- Optimize your metadata – Metadata on your site as the title tags, alt text, descriptions etc. are very much important as far as SEO of your site is concerned. Never leave it out unattended while you work on portal enhancements.
- Follow text ad formats – Text ad formats are not universal. You can see that even Google, Yahoo, and Bing text ad formats are slightly different from one another. So, learn the text ad format of each closely and follow rules to get the best search engine benefits.
- Register a strong call to action – Convincingly share it with the consumers as to what you want them to do rather than being vague on a call-to-action point. They are more willing to click on it if they know what lies beneath.
- Embed target keywords in ads – Try to effectively weave the keywords both at the headline and the text ad or make these closely matching to keywords you bid to make the ad show up high on search results.
- Don’t put your business name in the ad’s title – Better include your business name at the URL to be optimized as the headings have limited charter space plus the readers won’t like it that way.
- Emphasizing Title case– Capitalizing the first letter of the major words in the text is a welcoming practice. However, never go crazy with all caps or awkward caps.
Also remember that your promotion effort is not just a one-time affair. Keep on posting quality content, which is fresh and original to keep the viewers engaged.