Internet marketing had always been a daunting prospect for digital marketing experts as well as business owners. As years pass by, the technology kept on changing in a much faster pace by not giving anyone a chance to get fixed to a single winning modality. However, this doesn’t mean that internet market is such a no man’s land. Those who keep themselves up to date and have the flexibility to quickly respond to the changes will surely hit the bulls-eye.
When we look at the potential changes in internet marketing in 2015, one can undoubtedly say that the business owners should be in much more control than ever. The growing needs of consumers and more sophisticated preferences of providers will dictate the path of universal digital marketing industry.
We can say for sure that online marketing is getting more user-friendly and marketers have an ever-expanding choice of flexible tools for new market intrusion. Further, we will look into a couple of potential trends, which may decide the effectiveness of internet marketing in year 2016.
- The online video boom
As far as content marketing is concerned, we can say online video may be the future of it. All major search engines like Google, Facebook, Bing etc. experiment with the (in-SERP) In-Search Engine Results Page video ads. When we check out why they take this initiative, it undoubtedly shows the acceptance of online video ads by the consumers.
Some interesting stats in favour of video ads are;
- Video ads will account for an expected 69% of internet traffic by year 2017.
- One out of 3 users positively pursue the brands after watching the video content related to the brands.
- About 64% of the online marketers expect video content to dominate their promotional strategies.
- The acceptance of YouTube has reached to more than a billion unique visitors every month, making it on top of any other interactive channel apart from Facebook.
- Sharing of video content has witnessed 30% growth in the past couple of years when compared to text and image sharing.
- Social media campaigns are slowly shifting to video content as by finding it the most acceptable mode of information sharing.
- The production costs of video making have become much affordable when compared to old times.
- Evolution of marketing automation
Marketing automation will continue to evolve in 2016. Businesses recognize the vast potential in marketing automation, but studies show that 70% of the markets are still unhappy about the available marketing automation software. However, industry experts predict a sure shift in the prevailing marketing platform over the next couple of years, and as per their studies, this will be;
- Predictive at the first point
- Will offer full- circle recommendations, and
- Will embrace more open programs.
Predictive analytics and predictive intelligence will take over marketing dynamics to make internet marketing a much easier and more intuitive affair. Such a prediction system can easily learn, adapt, and improve all by its own based on the way customers react to them.